A customized wall unit is unique to the space, solving many storage issues from clothes to components and becomes an attractive addition to the home.
Can I Add A Wardrobe In My Bedroom To Create More Storage?Wardrobes or wall units are a functional way to add more storage and can be an attractive addition to the bedroom. Wardrobes work well when a bedroom closet is either too small or the space doesn’t’ have a closet. A cabinet style wall unit can be customized to provide hanging, shelving, shoes shelving and drawer storage. In addition to creating more storage for your space, a well-designed and functional wardrobe can add resale value to your home.
What Things Should Be Considered When Adding A Wardrobe Closet?Consider the size of the space, any conflicts to work around, your needs and wants and the style you want to create. Similar to a reach-in closet, allow a depth of 24” for hanging clothes and 14” depth for shelving. Allow space for cabinet doors to open without impeding your path or creating a conflict with other items in the room. Here are some other things to consider:
- Are there any outlets or floor vents to work around?
- Will the unit be going to the ceiling?
- Is there existing crown moulding, lighting, ceiling vents, ceiling fan, attic access with pull down ladder or smoke detector that poses a conflict?
- Will you be painting the room?
- What about the color of the cabinetry?
- Will it be more contemporary, modern, or traditional?
- Which wall will work best to achieve the most storage and be aesthetically pleasing to the room?
Copyright © The Closet Solution